The FAS Accounting and Compliance Team (“ACT”) serves as the primary resource for the FAS community regarding the FAS and University policies and practices in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting, internal controls, and analysis and reporting on the FAS’ financial position and results. Services provided by ACT include:
- Provide guidance on FAS and University financial accounting policies and procedures;
- Monitor accounting practices to ensure departments adhere to generally accepted accounting principles, policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Office of the Controller, Risk Management and Audit Services (RMAS), and the FAS community on the implementation, monitoring and sustainability of financial reporting and accounting internal control initiatives;
- Manage the annual, quarterly and monthly financial close processes, including required reporting and analysis on the FAS Balance Sheet and Statement of Changes in Net Assets; and
- Monitor and process special funding arrangements as agreed to by the Dean and Senior Management
Please reference the FY17 Closing Calendar for the GL closing deadlines.